Writing, writing, writing. I just threw away two chapters of a serial for a complete rewrite, so apparently I’m not close enough to deadline to totally pants this. (“Pantsing” is a NaNoWriMo term for working without any sort of plan or outline. Ask me more about pantsing when we hit October.)
I’ve just got the last of the watermark graphics from Matt Howarth and they are amazing. I sent Clint a core dump of MYTHSTALKERS graphics, descriptions of chairs, and pictures of cute female pop stars, so I hope to have some news on the banner cover soon.
Podcast master ScoBo has taken the reins on the unabridged podcast, and as soon as I rewrite those two TESLA GIRLS chapters, everyone will have what they need to get started recording.
If you’re really eager to get in the CHIMERICAL TALES mood, though, I thought I’d give you an inside track into the musical brainspace I’m working in today. My “Muse” playlist is where I start most mornings, and here are some of the key tracks on it for your own inspiration.
- Queen: “Flash’s Theme”
- Nick Cave: “There She Goes, My Beautiful World”
- Watsky (feat. Kate Nash): “Hey Asshole”
- Kendra Morris: “Shine On You Crazy Diamond”
- Tegan & Sara: “Dancing In The Dark” (Yes, the Boss’ is on it too, but this is a great cover.)
- Frank Turner: “Eulogy”
- Emilie Autumn: “Fight Like A Girl”
- Robyn: “Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall”
- Marina & the Diamonds: “Bubblegum Bitch”
- Bruce Springsteen: “If I Were The Priest”
- Airborne Toxic Event: “Sometime Around Midnight”
- Florence + the Machine: “Kiss With A Fist”
- All Caps: “The Nanowrimo Song”
- The Dollyrots: “Because I’m Awesome (2012 Version)”
- Ookla the Mok: “Doctor Octopus (feat. Venom)” (Okay, just kidding about this, but listen to it anyway!)
So check out a new song today. New music keeps you young.
Eighteen days to go… panic level: orange!
To be continued…